Caravan World is the definitive guide that gives caravanners the know-how and confidence to pursue their touring dreams. Caravan World’s credibility and position as Australia’s premier caravanning magazine has built over 40 years. Published 12-times a year, Caravan World has established itself as Australia’s longest and most reputable Caravan and RV magazine.
Caravan World was launched in September 1970 with a cover-price of 30 cents and has developed into the buyer’s guide for caravans in Australia off the back of its authentic, quality and credible content... In all its 46 years, Caravan World has been at the forefront of the caravan and RV industry with the most reputable industry awards, most credible tests and biggest caravan and touring features.
Caravan World Editor: Laura Gray
Content enquiries - firstname.lastname@example.org
CARAVAN WORLD’S CORE VALUES
“At its heart, Caravan World is committed to enabling caravan travel in Australia, through informed testing of RV products, helpful tips and advice and showcasing great destinations and activities.”
Authentic. Independent. Credible. Technical. Helpful. Accurate. Fun. Adventurous. Innovative. Inspiring
- Caravan World reaches over 125,000 highly engaged users each month across a range of channels and mediums:.
- Print - 12,000 copies sold per month (including over 4,500 subscribers) avg. time spent reading: 2 hours, 40 mins
- Web - over 110,000 unique visitors (UVs) per month with (Jan 2017 Google Analytics stats - 113,000 UVs, 250,903 Page impressions and 1.67 mins average session time)
- eDM - 21,200 subscribers with a 25.5% open rate
- Social - over 16,000 followers
- Third party - Caravan World content lives and breaths on a range of third party channels including Youtube and partner channels to extend the reach of the content.
PRIMARY READER/AUDIENCE PROFILE
- The Caravan World reader is typically married, male (78%) aged in his mid to late 50s (mean age 59). Caravan owners are 1.3 times more likely to be a pre-boomer and 1.6 times more likely to be a baby boomer, compared to the population average.
- 34% of caravan owners come from the Traditional Family Life (ix 1.84) placing value around the significant events in their personal and family lives. They value security, reliability and providing better opportunities for their family.
- 19% are from the Visible Achiever category (ix 1.14). They have ‘made it’ in whatever field they are involved in and are confident in their own abilities and position. Despite success they retain traditional values about home, work and society – and look for quality and value for money.
- 55% of caravan owners work full-time. They are 1.23 times more likely to be a manager and 1.3 times more likely to be a technician/tradesperson with a personal income of $66K and household income of $98K.
- More than half own their own home and they are 1.7 times more likely to be living with their partner with no kids, compared to the population rate.
- “I’m a Mr Fix it type of person” (ix 1.18)
- “I try to buy Australian made” (ix 1.14)
- “I feel financially stable” (ix 1.15)
- “I like to be well insured” (ix 1.1)
- “I need a car that can pull a load” (ix 2.15)
- “I like to take holidays within Australia” (ix 1.18)
- “I like to go away on weekends” (ix 1.17)
Typically travel with:
- Spouse/partner 72%
- Family 17%
- Friends 19%
- Alone 7%
Types of holidays most enjoyed:
- Coastal 81%
- Outback/desert trips 71%
- Inland lakes/rivers 67%
- Weekend escapes59%
- Around Aus./“Big” one59%
- Ranges/high country 51%